Wednesday, 20 May 2009

guest's eye view

What a lucky girl I am. Not only have I had a wonderful houseful tonight, but unusually for me I haven't had to lift a finger. Coz played guest chef for tonight's ≤ten, cooking up a storm of coconut dhal, marinated lamb chops, veggie curry, rice and chappatis. I spent most of the evening on the terrace with two lovely new guests and the rest of the crowd drinking prosecco and making use of the outdoor tables. And very nice it was too. After such a wonderful supper, Coz had to rush off without divulging her recipes so I'm still left guessing, I'll be sure to prize them out of her and post them up as soon as I can.

On another note, there is very exciting news afoot. Yonsalot and friends are running a private party this year in Malvern. 75 revellers, one acoustic tent, one dance tent ... and two lamb spit-roasts ... what more could you want? They're looking at 11-12th July, and of course I'm there with bells on. The idea is organic food centred around the roasts, good music and a very chilled weekend, it's £40 a ticket, with any profit going to charity. Buoyed by a few glasses of wine I've volunteered to help co-ordinate the food, and at the very least ensure that Saturday night's spent roast becomes spicy lamb and lentil soup for Sunday lunchtime.

Am very excited, holler if you want more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment