Thursday, 21 May 2009

gardener's delight

The squirrel defences are here ... and my goodness it was worth the wait. I have in the past come in for a bit of ribbing for being a princess. In most circumstances I'd say this was wholly inaccurate, but every now and again you get the feeling you're being spoilt - the construction which arrived today was utterly above and beyond the call of duty.


I've spent an entirely pleasurable afternoon with my father assembling and filling our new rodent proof vegetable patch, the photos probably won't do it justice but it's an absolute beauty. To keep the potatoes, garlic, onions, herbs and spinach beets company we now have runner beans, french beans, green and gold courgettes and four different types of tomato including wonderful tumbling toms in a little hanging pot.

I am completely delighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment