Wednesday, 25 March 2009

chinatown

As is always the way, it's only now I have just a few days left working in the West End that I've started to fully appreciate the location.

The quick visit I made to Chinatown yesterday to pick up supplies for tonight was undoubtedly the best thing about a bad evening (gents, if you're reading this - never give a girl a greetings card on a first date).  

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is that I went into SeeWoo supermarket on Lisle Street for the first time.  It was packed on a Tuesday night, but worth the shuffling about.  I didn't have time to have a proper look around, but what I did see looked brilliant - all manner of weird and wonderful asian foodstuffs.  I sometimes leave things like oyster sauce and fish sauce off my shopping list these days because of the expense, but here they are as cheap as chips.  I'm sure the same goes for most asian grocery stores.

Well worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment